Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Learn to pause

When the children were younger, I kept hoping that they will grow up faster.  Now they are both tweenagers, I find that time just flies by.  I wish I could just hit the "PAUSE" button and reverse them back to when they were younger.  I really miss them then.  

Trying my hand at another artsy layout.  Using my 2 year old - and just opened tubs of Claudine Hellmuth paints.  Sigh...  I am such a HOARDER - Guilty as charged.  Maybe they should have a reality show about scrapbookers who hoard.  I am sure that would be fun to watch.

Another happy accident from this was I have learnt how to emboss sparingly as you can see from the black areas and it was fun how immediately the layout turned really arty.  


Love how I have used a lot of the older things lying in my stash.


Love the messy blackened embossed area.


Heart my Tim Holtz stamp - "Learn to pause or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you."  Lovely saying huh?  Toodles - catch up tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. wah...you are now a scrapping machine...good to see you always here and loving your artsy layout!

    It is good to try some different techniques Mich and this layout is so different from your usual technique and I like it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi michelle,

    i love how u use the paint, the pic frame.love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a cool grungy feel to this LO that I love it so much. I wish I could come up with an LO so easily like it was the back of my hand... missing scrapbooking but my low mojo's not helping :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your messy background too!!! awesome artsy stuff mich.. and that photo is just precious.. :)) and yeah, keep it coming.. mich is on a roll!!

    ReplyDelete