Monday, February 8, 2010

Scrap-it-Lah February 2010 Challenge

Gosh,  I have totally forgotten to blog about the Scrap-it-lah Feb challenge.  I can be quite the blur blob when I am busy.  This month,  yours truly came up with the challenge to mix the Oriental and Valentines' theme together.  Why such a funny challenge?  This year,  the Chinese New Year and Valentines Day falls on the same day Feb 14th.  Hence, I thought it would be challenging to come up with a challenge that would incorporate this 2 occasions.

Here is my simple take:








Most of the DTs chose to scrap on their spouses,  I have decided to concentrate on my family.  To me,  there is nothing more important than my family and I would like to stress to my kids that they should always prioritise our little family unit.  I have also added a little chinese saying:

"With your hand I hold,  Together we will grow old."

I thought it was quite apt for this photo of ours.

Photo credits: Jessy

Materials used:
DCWV Aisan pps,  K n Co sticker lanterns,  Lil Davis Chipboard letters,  Maya Road Ruffled Ribbon,  Prima pearls,  Jenny Bowlin Journalling Diecut,  Thickers fabric alphas,  Momoyo Brads and  Kaiser wooden heart.


4 comments:

  1. hey mich.. such a nice photo there and lovely quote!! and lovin the lanterns.. nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I have children when I scrap this challenge, will definetely emphasize on family too :) I love those little lanterns on the left & the journaling is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grt that u scrap abt the family! Family always come 1st :)
    a real precious layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this layout is so precious. Love the photo and the design

    ReplyDelete