Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bearybox Layout Challenge no 27

Feeling a little parched from the lack of scrapping, I have decided to follow a few sketches to regain some of my MOJO.  As usual,  I headed off to the Bearybox sketch to try it out.





Her is my simple take of the sketch.  Jessy took the photos of Sean way back in 2007 and I have scrapped these photos.  As an Asian parent,  I always try to resist getting "sucked up" by parents who only expect good grades from their kids and neglect the element of PLAY.  I want to make sure that I remember that a lot of good does come out of play and I should not be basing my kids' successes by the number of As they score.  After all - my only goal is to have happy kids and not really smart ones but who is unable to adapt to social settings and worse still - have no manners...

The journalling goes:

Always remember to play.  When was the last time you had an enjoyable game?  If you quite playing because it is a child's spot,  then you are wrong.  As Bernard Shaw said:,  "We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

I have copied this quote from the internet and its so apt.  


Materials used:
{Scarlet Lime kit - GCD pp,  SEI pp, Chipboards at the corner - lost the names - my apologies,  the journal sticker and the swirl at the bottom},  Making Memories Boy Chipboard Tag,  K n Co, Situation spinner,  Sassafras lass cloud stickers,   Bazzill cs,  Zig pen for journalling and 3D pop up dots.

4 comments:

  1. yeah i second to that statement mich. once in a while, give them a little break. Btw that is one awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. I'm all for the "as long as they are happy..."
    Good job on the LO, BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool LO mich... :) and agree to the statement too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree.even i love to play ps2,pc games sometime{at 31} ; )

    ReplyDelete