This was one not so easy challenge as it was to draw inspiration from a poster in this blog. I was quite stumped for a while as the DTs did very exceptional jobs and I was trying very hard not to copy what the rest of the DTs had done.
Check out this very beautiful poster. All I could see what a profusion of pastel colours, pleats, layering and lots of peekaboos. Hence, I decided to go with the flow and started to do my layout.
The photo selection was the easiest of all. Simone, a friend of mine had actually taken this beautiful photo of Clarissa. I thought that the photo really suited the layout as she was quite shy in this photo.
Paper wise, I have decided to use vellum paper to layer to avoid a very heavy look. To my delight, I have managed to use a beautiful glitter vellum which I bought way back in 2004 which had tiny roses in it which I though suited the theme very well. The rest of the background consisted of 3 different coloured vellum which I had traced out and cut in scallops.
I was also pleased to be able to find some of the buttons of the same era which I had stuck on as embellishment and used gauze to soften the whole effect. I have layered on lots of flowers as they remind me of the layers of clothing in the ladies dresses. I have also made sure that this layout was as 3D as possible to simulate the can can in the dresses.
A string of pearls is always associated with that ear and I sewed on a green one and the lo at the lace area. That would complete my whole layout.
Mrs Grossman's Vellum Papers, K n Co Glittered Vellum, BG pp, Bazzill cs, Tattered Angel Chipboards, Prima Flowers (lots of it), Ladies Buttons, trim and ric rac from local haberdashery, Pearl roses,Canvas roses, Pearls, Gold Blings, String of green pearls and Butterflies from local shops, Lace from Australia, Chipboard Leaves from Collections Australia, Cotton Gauze from local pharmacy, Doiley, Kaiser Bling Word "Adore" and burlap from Australia.