Friday, July 24, 2009

Penang

I am back - finally after 2 weeks.  It's been quite some time since I have been so sick.  I have gone through several different types of medications and 2 jabs to make me heal. I am on the way but not quite there.  I still have a little sore throat but that's nothing compared to what I had last week and the week before.

Summer holidays will be ending soon and I took the opportunity to pack the sunny island of Penang.  We went to stay at this beautiful and historic hotel and had the best of time with her.  She was a great host and I swear I must have left Penang at least 5 kilos heavier...  I leave you with some photos of Penang.  I must say that I have fallen in love with this place and I suspect I will definitely visit this island soon - since it took me 2.5 hours drive from KL.  Hee hee...


The pool in our hotel.

Was slightly hazey but the sideview of the hotel.

The now defunct but yet so rustic lift.

The dome in the lobby.  Beware - every tiny sound is resonated throughout the dome and can be quite discerning.

Love the antique wash basins.

The toilets were all antiques too.


View from the back of the restaurant "The Tsunami Village".  





Photo taken by Kitkatz.  She was showing me the difference in Aperture.  Thanks Kat.

Sunrise from our room.


Photo taken by DD as we wee leaving using the Penang Bridge.

3 comments:

  1. am glad u had fun there. Love the hotel la babe...i should try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo.... such a beautiful & vintage hotel!! Love all the interior... TFS!! Glad you had a good break and learn something fun from Kat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to know that you have had fun! Love the vintage hotel, will surely check it out given the chance!

    ReplyDelete